Titanium Micro-needle Scalp Roller by Nanogen
Price: $109.95 ea.
Nanogen’s Scalproller is a treatment previously only available through Trichologists or Dermatologists. The 0.5mm models have now made available to use at home. It is a cylindrical barrel with precision engineered titanium microneedles which penetrate the top layers of skin without causing damage or bleeding. This accurate and non-intrusive penetration allows much higher absorption of scalp treatments like Minoxidil, Nanogaine, and Nanoguard B. It may also stimulate scalp healing and hair growth by itself as it can stimulate the scalp’s healing response.
Growth Treatment Enhancer.
Nanogen’s Scalproller is the first specially designed roller to help treat thinning hair. With unique titanium needles to precisely penetrate the skin with minimal irritation. Scalproller pre-treatment dramatically improves the effects of any topical treatment.
- Safe for men & women
- Dramatically increases absorption of growth treatments
- Heals donor scars
- Activates Platelet Rich Plasma therapy
- Encourages scalp repair & hair growth mechanisms
- No appreciable pain or injury
Titanium Composition: Most dermatological rollers are designed for use on facial skin and are made from stainless steel, which can blunt easily with daily use on the tougher scalp skin.
Nanogen’s Scalproller microneedles are engineered in Sweden from pure Titanium giving a finer and much more durable edge, eliminating excess irritation caused by ordinary steel needles.
Furthermore each individual Scalproller microneedle is Gold plated to maintain sterility.
The genuine Scalproller by Nanogen has 4 innovative modes of action to enhance any hair treatment regimen:
- Increases Minoxidil Absorption.
Scalproller pre-treatment has been shown to increase absorption of topical treatments such as Minoxidil by 5 times or more.
With Scalproller pre-treatment, lower 2% concentrations of Minoxidil solution may give concentrations in the scalp higher than when using 5% solutions on untreated skin. Similarly, 5% solutions could produce higher concentrations in the scalp than 12.5% solutions or suspensions used on untreated skin.
Frontal scalp areas are notoriously difficult to treat topically, most probably due to lack of absorption. Therefore Minoxidil is only really effective in treating vertex hair loss. Using Nanogen’s Scalproller can dramatically increase absorption of Minoxidil in these regions, opening up new potential areas for topical treatments to act on.
- Heals Donor Scars
Hair transplant surgery commonly leaves scars in the donor region; Nanogen’s Scalproller can fade and reduce the appearance of these scars by breaking up scar tissue structures and formations. Plus there is evidence in animal models to show that new hair may grow to conceal the donor area after Scalproller treatment.
- Activates PRP Treatment
Platelet Rich Plasma or PRP therapy is a cutting edge development in hair loss treatment. PRP has been shown to produce thicker transplanted hair growth, and possibly even thicken non-transplanted hair.
In PRP therapy, the platelet and growth factor rich fraction of the patient’s blood is re-injected into them, and then growth is activated by repeated needle insertion. Single needle insertion is irregular, time consuming and often painful. Scalproller treatment produces much more reliable, regular needle insertions in less time, and with less pain.
- Encourages New Hair Growth
The latest research by Intercytex, performed with Dr. Bessam Farjo as principal investigator, has shown that patients receiving superficial injections grow new hair, which may solely be a result of the controlled skin wounding itself.
This surprising result is correlated by the pioneering work published by Dr. George Cotsarelis of Pennsylvania University, who found that stimulation of the Wnt protein by wounding leads to hair regeneration. Wounding by microneedles would potentially start this Wnt protein mediated growth stimulation, and prevent synthesis of TGF-ß2, a protein known to induce hair loss.
- Not for use by people under 18.
- Not for use on animals.
- Not to be shared between people.
- Not suitable for women during pregnancy.
- Not to be used by people on blood thinning medication.
- Do not use on broken skin or open wounds.
- As with any medical device, and especially when using the roller with Minoxidil or other treatment serums, Nanogen recommends consulting with a medical professional.
Optimum Microneedle Length
Studies indicate Scalproller needles need to penetrate the upper layer of skin for best results. The Scalproller has a variety of needle lengths for optimum results without appreciable pain or injury.
The genuine Scalproller by Nanogen is available in 2 home versions for home use. At first, a 0.3mm version is recommended for patients without a professional consultation. A 0.5mm home version is available for patients after having used the 0.3mm or after consultation with a medical professional.
Since longer needles can cause pain if not used by experts accompanied by topical anaesthetic creams, the Scalproller is also available in 1 & 2mm needle lengths for clinical use only.
The 0.3mm & 0.5mm for home use are already in stock, 1 & 2mm clinical use versions will be in stock shortly.
No pain, No injury
The home use versions of Nanogen’s Scalproller are specifically designed to penetrate deep enough to be very effective, and yet not deep enough to touch nerves and cause appreciable pain.
When used according to the directions, the ultra-sharp titanium needles will penetrate the upper layers of skin without causing bleeding or permanent injury.
At first, Scalproller users are advised to only roll the Scalproller once in one direction over each area, following the direction of hair growth. This ensures the amount of penetration is controlled and any tangling of the roller in longer hair is avoided. However, with experience rolling in multiple directions may be preferred by the individual user.
Suitable for Men & Women
Nanogen’s Scalproller is ideal for men and women as it is designed especially for hair loss, and to improve the penetration of topical hair growth products . It works perfectly with both Minoxidil (Regaine®) and Nanogaine, both of which are also suitable for treating male and female hair loss.
How To Use Nanogen’s Scalproller
- For best results cleanse the scalp, removing oil, dirt, sebum & flakes using Onescalp. Rinse thoroughly and allow to dry.
- Sterilise the Scalproller with the sterilising solution, and allow the solution to evaporate until dr
- At first, use a constant, gentle rolling motion in one direction once over each area, from the crown toward the front or the sides. Rolling in one direction produces a controlled amount of penetration and avoids tangling the roller in longer hair. With experience, individual users may prefer to roll in multiple directions.
- Apply a topical solution like Nanogaine or Minoxidil as per the product instructions, then gently massage into the scalp. When using once a day, use the roller at night as many topical solutions require time to absorb fully.
- Ensure the roller is cleansed thoroughly after each use, run under hot water and allow to dry before returning it to the case. Always allow the roller to cool before using.
Scalproller will increase the penetration of any growth treatment, including Nanoguard B and Nanogaine.
Increasing the absorption of these powerful treatments can dramatically increase their effects, and consequently your hair growth.